Hello and welcome to another My Week on Wednesday where I take a few moments to share what I’ve been doing over the week. I share some of the blogs I’ve visited, and some of the things that I have learned.
This weekend we went to the Niagara Celtic Festival. My great-great grandmother was from Ireland — County Mayo, God help us — and my husband’s family has bits from Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, so we like to feel all heritage-y when we go. Plus the festival is always all sorts of fun, with excellent music, good beer, and men in kilts.
(One of them was my husband!)
We had excellent Highland weather, too. In other words, it was cold and it rained! 😉
This week is Pumpkin Spice Week. I just posted a recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix… and tomorrow I’m going to put up the latte recipe that goes with it. I have a couple other warm, delicious drink recipes to put up, too, so stay tuned! 🙂
So… what have I found…
- Homemade Hand Warmers. Such an excellent idea. Especially since they’re saying we’re in for a nasty winter. (And if the dog’s winter coat is any indication… I’d say that “they” — whoever “they” are — are probably right.
- The Best Whole Chicken in a Slow Cooker Recipe. I made this for dinner the other night, and it was amazing. Very easy, too!
- Gelatin “Flu Shots.” These sound delicious!
- Chocolate Rolled Oat Cookies. Right? Seeing the words “chocolate” and “cookie” together is a wonderful thing. These cookies are pretty healthy, too!
- Easiest, Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes. They look fabulous, AND they’re gluten free!
- And to go on the pancakes… Homemade Blueberry Syrup with Honey. Yum!
- And, finally, pay attention Harry Potter Fans! The 104 Homestead has a brilliant daughter who created a recipe for Butter Beer! Most butter beer recipes are full of questionable ingredients… but this one is Real Food, and looks delicious! I did say that the 104 Homestead’s daughter is brilliant, didn’t I? I cannot wait to try this one! 🙂
Now for the Quote of the Week. Approximately daily, I post quotes on my Facebook Page. The quote with the most likes, shares, and comments will become the Quote of the Week.
Thank you for joining me for My Week on Wednesday. Tell me, what did you do this week? I’d love to hear!
Also, if you haven’t already, be sure to come visit me on Facebook, hang out with me on Google+ and follow me on Pintrest and Twitter!
I think we’re going to skip Thousand Words Thursday, tomorrow, because I’m going to be doing a Pumpkin Spice Latte instead, and be sure to join us on Friday for the From the Farm Blog Hop!
If you liked this post, please share it!
Let me start by saying, men in kilts? Yeah! I married a Scot and he wears his kilt for every special occasion (and sometimes just because). Each of my kids has a kilt too. I’m the only one without.
Second, thank you so much for the shout out for Chibi’s Butterbeer recipe. She is going to be over the moon when I tell her tomorrow morning. She already thought you and your family were pretty darn cool. For you to notice her work will amaze her.
I’m so glad! It’s a great recipe! 🙂
And, yeah, every year I swear I’m going to buy a long dress and arisaid to go with it… that wind is COLD! But I never seem to get around to it! Maybe next year!
Thanks so much for sharing my pancake recipe, Christine! I hope you enjoy them if you get a chance to try them. 😉